At Tri-County Hearth & Patio Center, we are passionate about outdoor cooking, and that passion has led us to search for the best grills out there. Recently, our search has led us to Primo Grills, which we have proudly added to our showroom!
What are Primo Grills?
Primo Grills are charcoal-fired refractory ceramic grills. They are modeled after Japanese-style kamado grills. Kamado grills are oval shaped grills that can provide direct or indirect heat, meaning you can grill, roast, smoke or bake your food in a Primo Grill!
Why are Primo Grills special?
Primo Grills were created after Primo Grills founder George Samaras was introduced to the kamado-style grill by his father-in-law. Samaras was so impressed with the moisture level of meat cooked in the kamado grill that he began shipping them to family and friends living in Greece. When the kamado grill manufacturer he preferred wouldn’t let him sign on as a distributor, Samaras set out to create his kamado grill. Once Samaras found the right design, Primo Grills was founded in 1996. The grill’s ceramic material and oval shape allow for a consistent cooking temperature and moisture retention that results in perfectly grill food. Primo Grills are still fired in the United States, at Primo Grills headquarters in Tucker, Georgia.
Which Primo Grills can you find at Tri-County Hearth & Patio?
At Tri-County Hearth & Patio Center, we are carrying several models of Primo Grills, so you are sure to find the one that fits your needs. The models we’re carrying include:
- The Jack Daniel’s Edition Oval XL 400. The Jack Daniel’s Edition oval provides you with ample cooking space so you can feed a crowd. This edition of the Primo Grill includes 680 square inches of cooing space, meaning you can grill 15 to 25 steaks at one time.
- The Primo Oval XL 400. The Primo Oval XL 400 is Primo Grills’ most popular model. Its oval shape creates optimal cooking efficiency and accessibility for grilling, baking, roasting or smoking. With a 400-square-inch cooking area and a 280-square-inch rack system, the Primo Oval XL 400 can accommodate 15 to 25 steaks at one time.
- The Primo Oval LG 300. The Primo Oval LG 300 allows you to cook for a crowd, but is smaller than the more popular XL 400. The LG 300 has 495 square inches of total cooking area, allowing you to grill 10 to 20 steaks at one time.
- The Primo Oval JR 200. Don’t let the name fool you! While the JR 200 has a smaller 360-square-in-cooking area, it can roast two 14-pound turkeys at the same time and fit 8 to 15 steaks at one time.
- The Primo Kamado All-In-One. The Kamado All-In-One is Primo’s traditional round grill. It has an 18.5-inch round cooking grid and comes in a cradle stand. It can grill 10 to 12 steaks at one time.
At Tri-County Hearth & Patio Center, we are excited about our new Primo Grills. Stop by our showroom today so you can see what all the excitement is about!